a nature paradise
Maps of Yellowstone
- For this trip, we arrived from Salt Lake City through Idaho Falls and were first lodged in the town of West Yellowstone (at the left side of the map, near the West Entrance on Route 20.
- On the first day, we drove to Madison, then south to Old Faithful. On the way back, we travelled some miles from Madison in the direction of Norris, where we met our first bison herds, then returned to our lodging.
- We started out early on the second day and headed for Lamar Valley in the NE of the Park: West Entrance - Madison - Canyon Village - Tower Roosevelt - Soda Butte (in the direction of Pebble Creek - then back West To Mammoth, where we had a short walk - then back through Norris and its hotsprings, and Madison.
- On the third day, we visited the Lower Geyser Basin with the Prismatic Spring, then continued through Craig Pass, then on to West Thnumb and Yellowstone Lake. We followed its West bank to Fishing Bridge, then up the Yellowstone River, through Hayden Valley. We visited the Lower and Higher Falls, the Canyon, and then returned south to West Thumb, then further along Lewis River to the South Entrance, over the John D. Rockefeller Parkway into Grand Tetons National Park. Our lodging was East of the National Park, in Togwotee.
- The next morning we travelled over Route 26 back to the Grand Tetons at Moran, then to Jackson Lake, then up Teton Park Rd to Jenny Lake Visitor Center, from where we hiked to Jenny Lake.
- The second day we drove to the park, then South along the Snake River to Moose, where we visited the Center and a small exhibition about the Indians in this area.
- On the third day, we took leave of Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, payed a brief visit to Jackson and took the road back to Salt Lake City (through Caribou National Forest) to take the night train to Emeryville (San Francisco)... End of our Yellowstone adventure.